- Archive for: March 21st, 2012
Paint Problems: Peeling
Peeling: Loss of paint due to poor adhesion. Where there is a primer and a top coat, or multiple coats of paint, peeling may involve some or all coats. Possible Cause: Seepage of moisture through un-caulked joints, worn caulk or leaks in roof or walls. Excess moisture escaping through the exterior walls (more likely if paint is oil-based). Inadequate surface preparation. Use of lower quality paint. Applying an oil-based paint over a wet surface. Earlier blistering of paint (see blistering)….
Visit Our Site
- Wood Siding vs. Vinyl Siding — Which is Better?
- Arch Painting Kicks Off Community-Based Giving Back Revitalization Program with Council of Social Concern
- The Perfect Time to Install Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Flooring
- Residential Fall Painting Special: Free Shed Painting or Gutter Cleaning!
- Residential Summer Painting Special